The Motorcycle of my Dreams…
Drags & Racing is an Italian custom shop owned by the flamboyant Dino Romano, and he’s been putting out a steady stream of custom Triumphs and Harleys for twenty years now. Dino’s latest creation is this Bonneville, and he’s done a remarkable job in giving a modern Triumph an authentic vintage look. (So we’ll forgive him the ubiquitous Steve McQueen reference—the bike is called ‘La Grande Fuga’, meaning Great Escape.) There’s a suicide shift on the left, the exhaust has been cannibalized from an Iveco van, and the seat is a genuine 1939 Harley-Davidson item. The matte green military paint is equally authentic: it’s from a sixty-year-old cache discovered in a Czech warehouse. La Grande Fuga has attracted a lot of attention on the Italian custom scene, and Dino can build you one for around US$24,000. Given the level of customizing going on here—with virtually all bodywork and controls being hand-made—that sounds like a pretty good deal. [Via moto.it.]
The Hälssen & Lyon Tea Calendar by Kolle Rebbe, Hamburg
The Hälssen & Lyon tea calendar is the first calendar in the world to feature calendar days made from tea leaves. Finely flavoured and pressed until wafer-thin, the 365 calendar days can be individually detached and brewed directly in the cup with hot water. The tea calendar was sent exclusively to selected business partners.
1) My mood, self character, how i act, think, and feel resembles a ying yang. (Probably so does most peoples)
2) My abilities and talents as an artist over exceeds what i actually have created so far. I feel as if i’m letting my creativity rot.
3) I been letting people dictate my time far too long.
4) I’m either a workaholic or a sloth.
5) People get easily offended from some of my extremes. It’s life, work it out and if that doesn’t work, move on.
High Speed Photographs of Exploding Lightbulbs Filled with Objects